What Information We Collect
When you visit this sites, CTC and its service providers may collect Personal Information that you provide, such as your name, address, email address, and payment information. “Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable person.
In addition, CTC and its service providers use a variety of techniques to gather other information about your use of the Site, including, among other things, your IP address, browser type, mobile device type, content visited while on the Site, and the duration of your visit to the Site. “Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual.
How We Collect Information
WWF and its services providers collect Personal Information that you provide while using the Site, either directly or through other user actions, including, without limitation, any Personal Information provided or otherwise obtained while the Site web pages are open. For instance, CTC gathers information when you fill out forms on the Site, including, for example, e-newsletter sign-up forms, donation forms, surveys and advocacy action alerts. We may also use analytics that enable us to obtain your Personal Information based on your use of the Site, including, for example, your clicks on Site pages and page elements as well as information entered into the Site’ html form fields, regardless of whether the form is submitted. We may supplement the information we collect from you with information we collect from and about you from other online and offline sources, such as public databases, social media platforms and from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms. For example, if you choose to connect your social media account to your Site account, certain Personal Information from your social media account will be shared with us. This may include Personal Information that is part of your profile or your friends’ profiles.
We and our service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
• We use “cookies” to help us monitor traffic and collect information about use of the Site. Cookies are pieces of data placed on your device when you visit the Site that help us recognize you when you come back to the Site, allowing us, for instance, to remember the email address and password you use when you log in on a specific computer. CTC uses the aggregated information collected from cookies to measure the number of visits to the Site, the average time spent on the Sites, the identity and number of pages viewed, and to gather other traffic data and information that allows us to improve the Site. We also use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, and to personalize your experience while using the Site. Cookies further allow us to select which of our content is most likely to appeal to you and display it while you are on the Site.
• CTC also uses a variety of third-party web and mobile app analytics and optimization services to improve the Site and enhance the visitor experience. For examples, the Site uses web analytics services that may record mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity, text you type in the Site, and similar activity. The Site do not use these services to collect any personally identifiable information not otherwise provided by you in using the Site, and they do not track your browsing habits across other third-party websites on our behalf.
• Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, and Internet browser type and version.
• We may collect your IP address, which is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is a common practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Site.
• Information that you provide, such as your preferred means of communication, does not personally identify you unless it is combined with your Personal Information.
• We may aggregate Personal Information. Aggregated information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Sites (for example, we may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).
How We Use Collected Information
CTC may use your Personal Information:
• To respond to inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to process donations, or send you information about a project.
• To send administrative information to you, such as information regarding the Sites and changes to tour terms, conditions, and policies.
• To facilitate social sharing functionality.
• in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our operations, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We may also use and disclose your Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use it for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
How Can You Control Collection of Your Information?
1. Set your web browser to inform you of when cookies are being set before a cookie is stored and refuse any request to set cookies, and do not accept cookies from CTC. Erase all CTC cookies from your hard drive.
2. Do not provide your information when prompted by the Sites.
Please note, however, that if you choose to reject or erase cookies, your ability to navigate the Site may be limited. Further, in the event you choose not to share information, CTC may be unable to respond to your request for CTC information.